Dubsado Changed Our Business Forever!
Madison and I wanted to share our thoughts on why our favorite CRM is Dubsado, and how the other CRMs just didn’t live up to our expectations. We are wedding videographers, but we believe this information will apply to all businesses.
As wedding and event professionals we were tired of the confusing excel and google spreadsheets as an attempt to stay organized while tracking leads, payment, forms, contracts, etc. Our team needed an excellent CRM to help us manage our business.
We tried Tave, 17 Hats, Shoot Q, Honeybook, and basically every CRM on the market, and we initially thought Honeybook was the solution to all of our problems. Everyone raved about Honeybook and we were big fans at first, but it ended up not being the answer to our problems, and we canceled our subscription within the first year. We switched to a new start-up in the CRM world, known as Dubsado and we have not looked back.
First, I wanted to take a moment and tell you why we thought Honeybook was the solution:
- First, it was designed with wedding professionals in mind, and the entire CRM is focused on weddings. [If you stumbled upon this article and are not in the wedding industry, Honeybook may not be the best for you.]
- Honeybook is $400.00 a year, but it is easy to find a 50% off coupon for the first year, just ask around! We signed up for only $200.00 in our first year. Signup using the links in this article for 50% off your first year!
- The transition and setup were so easy, It took us no time to set it up, but if we had any issues it did not matter. We were assigned a concierge who walked us through how to enter all of my existing shoots, contracts, invoices, and templates, and they even offered to do it for us.
- Customer service is very good, but it felt like contacting a corporate customer service team. They’re responsive, nice and knowledgeable, but lacked the personal care and value that small businesses have and love.
- It’s intuitive and easy to use.
- It was so easy to create, edit and send proposals, and they looked nice too!
- Honeybook uses built-in card processing, and the funds were transferred directly to our bank account.
- They have a social network of sorts with other vendors and it allows you to send referrals to clients.
- Updates were few and far between. Some were promised but we never saw them.
**Since leaving Honeybook, I do believe they have made some changes and updates, but I do not know the scope of them. If you like Honeybook or want to try it out, by using the links for Honeybook within this article you do receive 50% off your first year.**
So why did we leave Honeybook?
Everything sounds great right? Well, it was until one day I saw the client experience we were offering to our clients. For us, it was unacceptable, and we had no control over what the process looked like for our clients. As high-quality Nashville Wedding Videographers, we needed to provide the highest level of customer service and experience to our clients, so we began looking for a solution. We needed a CRM that had the same level of amazing features, but with a beautiful customer-facing platform. We found Dubsado and fell in love!
Why Dubsado was right for us!
- Unparalleled Customer Support. Dubsado is like a family and every single person on their team genuinely cares about your success. I have never experienced a team that takes care of their customers as they do.
- Client Login/Individualized Client Portals for our clients. Within each client portal, all of the email communication, contracts, forms, invoices, payment, etc are safely stored for simple and convenient access.
- Automated Lead Responses based on what the lead selects within a lead capture, you can send them (automatically) the correct forms and emails accordingly.
- Dubsado is completely white-labeled. Our clients have no idea that we are using a third-party site. Our branding is seamless from our website to the client portals.
- Workflow Automation to send emails, forms, contracts, invoices, and so much more, automatically.
- Built-in Scheduler. Use this tool to schedule appointments, engagement sessions, family sessions, etc.
- Utilize Custom Fields to gather important information from your initial inquiry phase and store it exactly where you need it!
- Integration with Quickbooks Online in all countries.
- FREE White Glove Migration from another CRM
Checkout Dubsado here to see why it is the best CRM for you! By clicking that link or any link to Dubsado in this article you will receive 20% off your first month or year, or use the code 65south at checkout!
**Please note we are affiliates for Dubsado and Honeybook. We do get a small payment when someone signs up using our code.**
*** This article was updated in August 2019 to reflect updates to both platforms.
You also may be interested in one of our latest blog posts.